Electrical Engineer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller
Posted on: November 10, 2019
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the
United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and
technical services for the world---s leading companies in the food
and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and
other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering
experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation,
control system integration, facility and process engineering,
architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance,
enterprise technology and other consulting
services.--Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of
engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the
packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries.
By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational
strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a
$3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a
common belief: to use the power of business to build a better
world.--Job Description:Job SummarySeeking an experienced (2-5
year), highly motivated Electrical Engineer to join our team in
Sacramento, CA.-- The successful candidate will have experience in
executing projects for industrial facilities with the highest level
of quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety.-- The
successful candidate will work with licensed engineers and
experienced designers to design power distribution, motor control,
and lighting systems for industrial facilities. The candidate must
have excellent communication skills and be able to work with other
engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple
- Power distribution design and calculations for low voltage (LV)
and medium voltage (MV) systems including:-- switchgear,
switchboards, motor control centers, panel boards, transformers,
wire sizing, voltage drop, conduit fill, and cable tray
- Develop construction drawings for power, control, and lighting
systems, including single line diagrams, schematics, connection
diagrams, and plans.
- Standby power system design, including generators and
uninterruptible power supplies (UPS).
- Perform short circuit calculations, arc flash analysis and
coordination studies using SKM and other analysis software.
- Interpret and apply industry Codes and Standards, including
hazardous area classification for electrical equipment.
- Develop specifications and review vendor submittals.
- On-site assessment, construction and start-up
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in the use of CAD software, Bentley Microstation is
- Electrical analysis software familiarity (e.g. Easypower or
- Knowledgeable in National Fire Protection Association/National
Electrical Code Standards (NFPA/NEC).
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
and the ability to interact with management, clients, and
- Must also possess good general computer skills including use of
Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Engineers must be willing to travel up to 25%% to work at
project sites and collaborate with design professionals in other
offices for training and other purposes.Education
- BS Electrical Engineering degree from an ABET school
required.Licenses and Certifications
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T) certification is required.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is
preferred.--Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer.
M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.--Applicants may be subject
to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening,
reference checks, employment verifications, background screening
and/or skills assessments.--Company:Design Group US Inc
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller, Elk Grove , Electrical Engineer (Design Group), Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!