Radiologic Technologist II (Mammo)
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Location: Elk Grove
Posted on: September 11, 2022
Under the direction of the Imaging Services Director and Chief
of Diagnostic Imaging, performs radiographic diagnostic imaging
procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disease and
injuries. Operates the radiographic equipment to produce
radiographic recorded images of the body. Performs technological
functions to ensure optimal diagnostic quality of patient care
utilizing efficient and safe processes. Essential
- Performs specialized and routine diagnostic radiology
- Exhibiting a high degree of tact, courtesy, and poise, explains
procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient
- Prepares and positions patient for diagnostic imaging
- Adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of
specified area of body requested by physician.
- Determines exposure factors based on height, weight, portion of
body involved, and degree on penetration required.
- Moves imaging equipment into specified position.
- Adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce
images of proper detail, density, and accuracy.
- Operates mobile radiologic equipment in operating room,
emergency room, or at patient's bedside.
- Assists radiologists and other qualified physicians who have a
valid CA DHS RHB Supervisor Operator Permit for Fluoroscopy in
fluoroscopic and special x-ray examinations.
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting
- Processes images and reviews for proper identification and
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes
minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation
to patient and staff.
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of
- Orients new staff and trains students.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
responsibilities.Grade: 797Basic Qualifications: Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- BLS required.
- California Certified Radiologic Technologist License (CRT).
California State Fluoroscopy Permit. California Venipuncture
Certificate. Additional Requirements: California Mammography
Certificate (when required for the position).
- Ability to perform all general diagnostic and routine
fluoroscopic duties as determined by the employer.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Radiologic Technologist Career Ladder Agreement (1) Radiologic
Technologists without Venipuncture Certification - Working in a
Modality where Venipuncture is NOT performed.
- (2) Radiologic Technologists working on or before October 05 at
Kaiser Permanente without California Venipuncture Certification in
a Modality where it is NOT performed as part of their work
assignment will not be required to obtain it.
- For promotions, transfers or training in a Specialty that
requires Venipuncture, the Technologist must obtain CA Venipuncture
certification on or before the date of application.
- The employer will provide the Technologist with educational
opportunities in order to pass the California permit test at the
Technologist's request. Preferred Qualifications:
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Elk Grove , Radiologic Technologist II (Mammo), Other , Elk Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!