BSA Compliance Officer
Company: Sky River Casino
Location: Elk Grove
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: BSA Compliance
OfficerJOB CODE: 810120EEO CLASS: 2 ProfessionalSALARY
GRADE:DEPARTMENT: ComplianceREPORTS TO: Regulatory Compliance
ManagerSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Yes # DIRECT REPORTS: TBD
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:Purpose and function of job. The BSA Compliance
Officer is responsible for the Company's BSA compliance and
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) programs. This position will also
assist in implementing the Company's compliance policies and
internal controls to ensure adherence to all applicable Federal and
State laws and regulations. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:List
duties in order of time spent or importance. Essential duties and
tasks that must be performed with or without reasonable
- Develops, maintains, manages, and revises policies and
procedures for the general operation of the Company's compliance
program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical,
or improper conduct.
- Coordinates the development, and implementation of the
Company's Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), AML, and OFAC program
- Assists with the design, implementation, and remediation of AML
- Ensures all management personnel and staff are fully
knowledgeable and trained on AML risks and Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Reviews and signs all BSA Filings.
- Ensures timely filing of all BSA Filings.
- Creates a culture of compliance and empower team members to act
with confidence in reporting areas of potential
- Maintains appropriate Suspicious Activity Report (SAR)
investigations and review reporting processes that promote
consistent decisions involving proper research and detailed
documentation of findings.
- Ensure the Company's policies and procedures for deterring and
detecting money laundering are comprehensive, robust, complete, and
up to date.
- Conduct objective, independent risk assessments to the
Company's compliance with AML and BSA requirements.
- Manages procedures and controls that minimize instances of
fraud while protecting information privacy and security.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., risk management,
internal audit, human resources, etc.) to direct compliance issues
to appropriate existing channels for investigation and
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies,
procedures, and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending
the initiation of investigative procedures and develops and
oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Keeps abreast of all new legislation and jurisdictional
regulatory requirements and incorporate any relevant updates to
Company policies and procedures.
- Manages the design, development, execution, and monitoring of
both core and refresher compliance training programs.
- Establishes and implements systems to evaluate current status
and future needs for compliance training plans and execute
processes to meet and exceed regulatory compliance
- Ensures proper reporting to relevant agencies as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned. JOB
SPECIFICATIONS:Education, experience, skills required, equipment
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of managing compliance experience, with 2 years in a
supervisory capacity preferred.
- Anti-money laundering law and compliance experience.
- Experience in designing, developing, and conducting compliance
- Extensive knowledge of gaming regulations pertaining to casino
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly
- Prior experience in Tribal Gaming preferred. CERTIFICATION
REQUIREMENTS: Is this position responsible for selling, serving, or
distributing alcoholic beverages or do they have comp authority? No
Gaming License Required? TBD Other Certifications? N/ANote: This
list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be
all-inclusive. It may be expanded to include other duties and
responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to
time.The Company is committed to achieving full equal opportunity
without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age
or sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. We
welcome the strength of diversity in our workforce.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ASSESSMENT Rating Scale 0 – Not Applicable to
This Position1 – Normal: Conditions Similar to Everyday Life2 –
Above Average: Beyond Normal Levels3 – Extreme: Extraordinary
Levels Critical Job Elements: For the questions that follow, use
the rating scale above to describe the job. WORK
ENVIRONMENT:1Accessibility of all worksites required for the
position1Exposure to weather and temperature extremes2Exposure to
darkness1Exposure to cramped spaces2Exposure to loud
noises1Exposure to chemicals and fumes1Exposure to dust1Exposure to
heights1Exposure to work safety hazards2Exposure to secondhand
smoke1Amount of overtime/extended work hours required PHYSICAL
EFFORT:1Physical mobility: movement from place to place on the job,
considering distance and speed1Physical agility: ability to
maneuver body while in place2Ability to lift up to 15 lbs2Physical
strength to handle routine office materials and tools1Dexterity of
hands and fingers1Dexterity of feet1Physical balance: ability to
maintain balance and physical control1Coordination: including
eye/hand, hand/foot, etc.1Endurance: prolonged physical activity
with limited opportunity to rest MENTAL
EFFORT:2Concentration/intensity: prolonged mental effort with
limited opportunity for breaks2Memory, considering the amount and
type of information2Complexity of decision making2Time pressure of
decision making2Analytical thinking2Conceptual thinking2Ability to
compute math calculations COMMUNICATION :2Fluency in
English0Fluency in another language2Verbal communication2Written
communication2Non-verbal communication SENSORY ABILITIES :2Ability
to see2Ability to distinguish colors2Ability to hear1Ability to
smell1Ability to taste2Sense of touch
Keywords: Sky River Casino, Elk Grove , BSA Compliance Officer, Other , Elk Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!