Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Position Overview:Sutter Amador Hospital has a rich history of
providing care for residents and visitors of Amador County since
1876 and is the only hospital in Amador County serving a population
over 40,000. Today, the 66-bed, acute care facility offers a full
range of services including 24-hour emergency services with fast
track, surgery, ob/gyn, diagnostic imaging, clinical laboratory,
cardiology, gastroenterology, diabetes education and pediatrics. We
will continue to be here for our community well into the
POSITION SUMMARY -The Radiology Technologist Provides imaging and
patient care services at defined levels to patients. -Principal
- Assesses and educates patients according to specific department
- Implements radiation protection and safety standards to
minimize radiation exposure to staff and patients.
- Maintains mandated continuing education requirements.
- May prepare and administer contrast media and/or medications
within accepted scope of practice, and applicable state/federal
- May prepare for and assists the physician in a variety of
imaging and/or invasive procedures.
- Operates a variety of complex stationary and mobile diagnostic
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical exposure
parameters accurately.Qualifications:MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- -Education/ Knowledge, including Licensure/ Certification/
- Graduate from AMA certified school of radiologic
- Current ARRT Registration.
- Current State of California Certification including Fluoroscopy
(must be obtained within 6 months of hire).
- Possess current CPR certification.
- Thorough understanding of basic anatomy and broad-based
knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy (CT setting) and physiology is
- Responsible for ability to interpret physician's notes related
to a disease process in order to optimize CT scanning or
- Must be well versed in proper equipment usage and radiation
- Must be knowledgeable of technical factors that can alter the
detail of CT scanning and general radiographic images. -Experience:
- Less than five years experience as a Radiologic
- Certification in CT and/or Mammography preferred. -Skills:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a rapidly changing and challenging
environment and take appropriate actions in emergent
- Must be able to move from mammography or CT setting to general
radiology setting at supervisor's discretion if applicable to
experience and education.
- Requires experience with a variety of imaging equipment: Film
processors, CR, Densitometry for QC, PCs with Windows, experience
with General Electric equipment favorable.
- PACS experience preferred.
- Proficient in mammography QC program (MQSA) as well as
applicable Imaging QC.Organization:Sutter Amador HospitalEmployee
Status: RegularEmployee Referral Bonus: NoBenefits: YesPosition
Status: Non-ExemptUnion: NoJob Shift: VariableShift Hours:8 Hour
ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:Varied DaysWeekend Requirements:
OtherSchedule: Part TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:48Applications
Accepted:All Applications AcceptedSchedule/Shift: Part Time/
Keywords: Sutter Health, Elk Grove , Radiologic Technologist, Other , Jackson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!