Company: Watts Water Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position continually improves existing manufacturing
processes and develops new manufacturing processes to support new
product development implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, problem solve, and test for various
plant capital projects.
- Working knowledge of the design/manufacturing of engineered
products involving machining, forming, welding, assembly, testing,
and packaging processes.
- Optimization of current manufacturing processes and development
of new manufacturing processes utilizing Lean and Six Sigma
- Lead and participate in Lean kaizen events utilizing Lean tools
- Manage cost reduction efforts including global sourcing of
components and processes, including redesign of products and
components through execution of Value Added/Value Engineering
- Project management of implementation of new manufacturing
processes including capital equipment justification and purchase
- Develop and document written standard operating procedures and
methods on manufacturing processes.
- Document and train production personnel on standard operating
- Assist maintenance department as needed.
- Assist tooling department with tooling control process
development and implementation related to manufacturing equipment
to optimize tooling design and usage.
- Communicate continually with plant supervision, quality, and
safety representatives regarding equipment modifications, procedure
revisions and training.
- Maintain accurate product structure, packaging data, and design
drawings utilizing 3D CAD software.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned through discretion of
their immediate supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or
Manufacturing Engineering and/or the equivalent in experience (5
No positions report to this position.
- Experience with manufacturing process improvement, new product
introduction, machinery and documentation. Experience in metal
forming/welding, tubing industry and high-volume manufacturing is
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD solid modeling software, Auto
Desk Inventor preferred. Solid works will be accepted.
- Prior Six Sigma project participation and Six Sigma Greenbelt
certification highly desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general mechanical engineering and
mechanical design principles and practices, including tooling
design. 3D design experience desired.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in an
- Effectively communicate with employees, vendors, and customers
at all levels of the organization including strong presentation
- Practical industrial engineering experience in a high-volume
assembly and manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office or equivalent
software. Experience with Microsoft Project software is a
- Ability to move throughout the plant and office areas.
- Alternates between sitting, standing, and moving within the
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Works in an office environment
- Will have regular exposure to the plant floor.
- As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
Collaborate Across Workgroup
Initiate Positive Change
Deliver High Quality Results
Focus on the Customer
Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree
that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions,
and/or third party service providers accessing and using the
information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a
policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel
actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital
status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other
category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts
will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation
should contact Human Resources.
Keywords: Watts Water Technologies, Inc., Elk Grove , Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!