Assistant Executive Chef - Multi-Outlet
Company: Sky River Casino
Location: Elk Grove
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Assistant Executive
Chef - Multi-OutletJOB CODE: 385006EEO CLASS: 1.2SALARY GRADE:
DEPARTMENT: MarketREPORTS TO: Executive Chef SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITY: Yes# DIRECT REPORTS: Varies SUMMARY
DESCRIPTION:Purpose and function of job. The Assistant Executive
Chef – Market is responsible for supporting the Executive Chef –
Market with managing the performance and strategy of the designated
restaurant and being accountable for meeting Sky River food quality
standards and financial goals. The primary responsibilities include
assigning tasks and priorities, coordinating resources, and
controlling operating expenses. In addition, the Assistant
Executive Chef – Market ensures excellence in guest satisfaction
through effective training of staff, commitment to the "Sky River
Spirit", and a hands-on, lead by example management style.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:List duties in order of time spent
or importance. Essential duties and tasks that must be performed
with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ensures consistency, portion control, quality, and presentation
- Trains staff and monitors for compliance with Haz-Com and
proper handling of equipment and chemicals used in the
- Ensures compliance with sanitation regulations.
- Tours kitchen areas with all safety and/or sanitation
- Participates in the creation of menus and cost structures of
- Directs cooks in food production.
- Sets up food outlets and maintains proper service and food
- Monitors and advises on storage of food items to ensure quality
of food and compliance with health requirements.
- Maintains budgeted food costs and actively monitors labor
costs, cost of goods, and other expenses.
- Enforces strategic buying practices and works with the
purchasing department to ensure best price and quality for
- Assists with analyzing and managing food and labor costs and
forecast business trends to make recommendations for revision of
menu prices that will most appropriately meet company and outlet
- Selects, directs, schedules, supervises, trains, and develops
- Monitors for compliance with all department and company rules,
regulations, policies, procedures, internal controls and government
rules and regulations
- Attends periodic meetings and training sessions.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work area.
- Provides outstanding customer and employee service at all
- Must present oneself in a neat and clean appearance at all
- Performs other duties as assigned. JOB
SPECIFICATIONS:Education, experience, skills required, equipment
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Associate degree in Culinary Arts or Industry Equivalent; or
equivalent related experience.
- 7 years of relevant experience in high volume operations and
fine dining, with strong administrative and management background,
with 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software; and
- Must have well-rounded food background, administrative and
- Must have extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Is this position responsible for
selling, serving, or distributing alcoholic beverages or do they
have comp authority? No Gaming License Required? Yes, Wilton Gaming
Rancheria Commission Other Certifications? Food Handler,
ServSafeNote: This list of duties and responsibilities is not
intended to be all-inclusive. It may be expanded to include other
duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from
time to time.The Company is committed to achieving full equal
opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color,
sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical
disability, age or sexual orientation or any other status protected
by law. We welcome the strength of diversity in our workforce.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ASSESSMENT Rating Scale 0 – Not Applicable to
This Position1 – Normal: Conditions Similar to Everyday Life2 –
Above Average: Beyond Normal Levels3 – Extreme: Extraordinary
Levels Critical Job Elements: For the questions that follow, use
the rating scale above to describe the job. WORK
ENVIRONMENT:2Accessibility of all worksites required for the
position1Exposure to weather and temperature extremes1Exposure to
darkness2Exposure to cramped spaces3Exposure to loud
noises1Exposure to chemicals and fumes1Exposure to dust1Exposure to
heights2Exposure to work safety hazards1Exposure to secondhand
smoke2Amount of overtime/extended work hours required PHYSICAL
EFFORT:2Physical mobility: movement from place to place on the job,
considering distance and speed2Physical agility: ability to
maneuver body while in place2Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.2Physical
strength to handle routine office and kitchen materials and
tools3Dexterity of hands and fingers2Dexterity of feet2Physical
balance: ability to maintain balance and physical
control3Coordination: including eye/hand, hand/foot,
etc.2Endurance: prolonged physical activity with limited
opportunity to rest MENTAL EFFORT:2Concentration/intensity:
prolonged mental effort with limited opportunity for breaks2Memory,
considering the amount and type of information2Complexity of
decision making2Time pressure of decision making2Analytical
thinking2Conceptual thinking2Ability to compute basic math
calculations COMMUNICATION:1Fluency in English1Fluency in another
language preferred.2Verbal communication2Written
communication2Non-verbal communication SENSORY ABILITIES:2Ability
to see2Ability to distinguish colors2Ability to hear2Ability to
smell2Ability to taste2Sense of touch
Keywords: Sky River Casino, Elk Grove , Assistant Executive Chef - Multi-Outlet, Hospitality & Tourism , Elk Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!