Registered Nurse, Emergency
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Elk Grove
Posted on: September 11, 2022
Organization: SDH-Sutter Davis Hospital Position Overview:
-Accountable for the assessment, coordination delivery and
evaluation of nursing care, including direct patient care,
patient/family education and transitions of care in an acute
patient setting. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all
patients in an assigned area. Develops, implements, and coordinates
a plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural,
spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains
collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support
group, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely
and effective communications. Adheres to hospital polices, industry
standards, best practices, and applicable laws and regulations to
promote an optimal patient experience. Job Description:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
DEPARTMENT REQUIRED CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- ACLS-Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- PALS-Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- TNCC-Trauma Nursing Corp Course within 180 Days of hire
EXPERIENCE TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN A MIMIMUM OF:
- 2 years nursing experience or successful completion of a Sutter
Health Nursing Residency Program.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated general knowledge and competence with regard to
nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology;
anatomy; and physiology.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution
policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and
changes in local/state/federal regulations.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Time management and organizational skills, including the
ability to prioritize patient care, assignments and work within
standardized policies, procedures, and practices to achieve
objectives and meet time sensitive activities.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word and Outlook).
- Work independently as well as be part of the team, while
accomplishing multiple interventions in an ever-changing
- Ability to communicate and engage team members, patients and
families in a variety of stressful situations.
- Use existing procedures and critical thinking to identify and
solve routine or complex problems
- Ensure the privacy of each patient's protected health
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other
healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- License/Certifications: ACLS-Advanced Cardiac Life Support -
American Heart Association, BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare
Provider - American Heart Association, PALS-Pediatric Advanced Life
Support - American Heart Association, RN-Registered Nurse of
California - California Department of Consumer Affairs Education:
Associate of Nursing: Nursing (Required) Job Shift: Nights
Schedule: Full Time Shift Hours: 12 Days of the Week: Variable
Weekend Requirements: Every other Weekend Benefits: Yes Unions: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt Weekly Hours: 36 Employee Status:
Regular Number of Openings: 1 This position may regularly work,
store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or
administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially
hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and
Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800. Sutter Health Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Nights
Keywords: Sutter Health, Elk Grove , Registered Nurse, Emergency, Healthcare , Elk Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!