Psych APP Job Stockton/Sacramento -No Call
Company: DAIYA Healthcare
Location: Elk Grove
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Elk Grove, California. This
and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by
Growing Multi-specialty group Expanding in California--Generous
The psychiatric Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) is a mental
health professional responsible for diagnosing mental illness and
providing treatment for mental and behavioral issues. Their duties
include performing mental health assessments, discussing symptoms
with patients to determine a diagnosis and prescribing medication
to correct chemical imbalances in the patient's brain.
- Examines patient, takes medical history, records results, and
makes preliminary diagnosis of emotional, mental and behavioral
- Use a variety of methods to evaluate a patient, such as
interviewing the patient, their family or clinical staff
- Develop a treatment plan according to the patient's needs and
extent of emotional, social, cognitive, developmental or behavioral
- Treat a patient using psychotherapeutic methods and medication,
monitoring the effects of any medication and adjusting treatment
- Evaluates patients who receive psychotropic medications for
behavioral interventions and gradual dose reductions in an effort
to discontinue these medications. (F758)
- Evaluates patients for history of trauma and assist with the
development of a plan to provide culturally competent,
trauma-informed care in accordance with professional standards of
practice and accounting for the patient's experiences and
preferences in order to eliminate or mitigate triggers that may
cause re-traumatization. (F699)
- Administers and orders diagnostic tests such as x-rays,
electrocardiograms, and blood work, and interprets test
- Consult with the patient's primary care physician, nurses or
other health care providers.
- Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with
supervising physicians concerning appropriate treatment.
- Prescribes psychotropic medications to the extent allowable by
state guidelines and federal regulations.
- Provides crisis intervention when needed.
- Demonstrated competency dealing with adults, and geriatric
- Sensitivity and perceptiveness
- Deductive and inductive reasoning skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Listening skills
- Ability to remain calm under stress
- Empathy and compassion
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications
- Knowledge of federal regulations dictating practice in SNF and
Education and Experience:
- State accreditation as an Advanced Registered Nurse
Practitioner or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
- Intermittent periods of standing, walking and moving.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
Please contract me if you're interested
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: DAIYA Healthcare, Elk Grove , Psych APP Job Stockton/Sacramento -No Call, Healthcare , Elk Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!