Registered Nurse, RN
Location: Elk Grove
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Since 1948, Vitalant (formerly known as BloodSource) has proudly
served as a leader in the blood banking industry. We are a
globally-recognized leader in blood transfusion medicine.
Working at Vitalant is more than a job, it is a chance to be part
of something bigger than yourself. If you are inspired to make an
impact and are passionate about playing a vital role on our
dedicated team, then we encourage you to consider a career at
Our shared mission to save and improve the lives of others is our
greatest strength. Every day, we empower others to act on their
urge to help. We are inspired by ordinary people doing
We are looking for an RN to work at our Mid-Town Donor Center,
located at 9267 Laguna Springs Drive in Elk Grove, CA.
Schedules are day-time and full-time and you must be able to work 2
weekends a month. Our shifts are 5 8 hour days and will include
working some Holidays with extra compensation for that!
This is a great opportunity for a new nurse graduate or a nurse
wanting to work in a less acute setting in a community-based health
care position. Our donors are healthy and amazing! We also offer
excellent benefits, time off and 401k matching!
Currently offering a $10,000 Sign-on Bonus! Paid in installments at
30 days, 90 days and 12 months.
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for
performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant
collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a
member of the team and in alignment with the values of the
organization. Performs Apheresis Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma
Pheresis. Performs Platelet Pheresis and/or Therapeutic
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of
blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening,
phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced
eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely.
Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership
positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with
current customer service standards to represent a positive image
for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are
maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
Important Requirement: As an essential operation to the nation's
healthcare infrastructure and a science-based organization,
Vitalant believes that being vaccinated helps provide protection
and care for our employees, our donors, their families, and the
broader community. With this in mind, Vitalant requires employees
to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Individuals
applying for this position should be prepared to comply with the
COVID-19 vaccination mandates of Vitalant and accordingly, will
need to be vaccinated as of the first date of employment unless
approved exemption exists prior to start.
- Associate's degree required.
- RN license required.
- Valid in-state driver's license preferred.
- Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an
active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action
employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment
process because of a medical condition or disability, please send
an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-220-2612
to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will
respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please
note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability
accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our
commitment to compliance:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of
employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test
in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Keywords: Vitalant, Elk Grove , Registered Nurse, RN, Healthcare , Elk Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!