Part Time Licensed Masters Mental Health Professional Job in Elk Grove
Location: Elk Grove
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Couple and Family opening in Elk Grove, California. DirectShifts
is seeking a Licensed Masters Mental Health Professional to work in
Elk Grove, CA
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates clinical
treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of
Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental illness.
Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate
treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to
individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Instructs and counsels patients and their families regarding
compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and adherence to
prescribed medication regimens, within the scope of practice. May
administer specialized therapeutic procedures, as appropriate.
Provides appropriate support to member's family. May develop and
conducts psychoeducational classes and groups.
- Prepares intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries
and maintains ongoing confidential records. Charts member's
treatment and progress in accord with state and NCQA regulations
and in keeping with accepted community standards. May be required
to participate in the department on-call rotation.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating
patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of
practice. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and
community organizations to meet the needs of the member's
treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral
medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings,
including primary care. Provides consultation to other care
providers and health educators on matters relating to mental
health, health psychology and behavioral medicine.
- May supervise Post Master's Fellows, Associate Clinical Social
Workers, Associate Marriage Family Therapists or Associate
Professional Clinical Counselors as needed if supervision course is
- May provide appropriate support to member's family, including
explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment
and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to
treatment, at member's request.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community
organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to
include referral of the member and/or member's family to external
resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program
development, implementation and evaluation.
- Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.
Master's degree in Social Work, Social Welfare from a clinical
track, Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field required
from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage Family
Therapist in the State of California or Licensed Professional
Clinical Counselor (must meet couples and families requirement or
complete within two (2) years of hire) with the State of California
approval by the Board of Behavioral Science. Qualification:
- Previous post license, experience as a member of a psychiatric
treatment team in an outpatient or inpatient setting/program under
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis
intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities,
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic,
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
timely manner, preferred.
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
treatment plans, preferred.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy,
"Candidates can ONLY apply by registering [Click Here to Apply] We
do not receive applications submitted to any other site.
DirectShifts is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Credentialing on DirectShifts keeps you in our system for current
and ongoing consideration."
Keywords: DirectShifts, Elk Grove , Part Time Licensed Masters Mental Health Professional Job in Elk Grove, Healthcare , Elk Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!