Sr. BIM Technology Manager
Company: Blokable, Inc.
Posted on: November 7, 2019
Blokable is Hiring a Sr. BIM Technology ManagerBy Timothy Miller,
Vice President of Product
A little bit about Blokable:We started Blokable in 2016 to change
the way housing is developed, built, and owned, and to create a new
way to convert land into housing. Our proprietary Blokable Building
System unlocks previously unavailable efficiencies through
standardized, prefab housing components called Bloks, which can be
combined and stacked into a variety of configurations, including
high-density, multi-story residential. The combination of our
prefab system with our vertically integrated design-build
development model enables Blokable to deliver large scale, high
quality, low-cost, human-centric housing solutions into regions
suffering from the lack of housing options.
For the past 3 years, we have relied on external professional teams
to lead much of our 3D architecture and engineering development. We
are now bringing many of these capabilities in-house and growing
our internal team in order to develop stronger design to
manufacturing workflows across multiple projects, teams, factories,
and regions and to better manage our 3D design assets, databases,
software, and hardware. We're looking for a leader, innovator, guru
in the building information modeling industry to lead and manage
the development of our BIM team and to guide Blokable leadership on
building and executing the future of 3D CAD and design for the
prefabricated housing industry.
As the Sr. BIM Technology Manager you will have the opportunity to
make a material, positive impact on the cost and scale of housing
creation in regions where housing is in crisis mode. This is the
opportunity to apply a career's worth of knowledge and creativity
to one of the world's thorniest problems.
A bit more about the product:
- The Blokable Building System is a precise, high-performance
volumetric assembly that ships out of the factory 95% complete and
requiring a minimum of site work to install and finish.
- We use structural and non-structural steel for multi-story
structure, non-combustible walls, floors, and ceilings, and have an
internally engineered hardware and software platform that allows
owners to monitor building safety, security, and performance in
- We currently build out of our 50,000 sq. foot factory in
Vancouver, Wash., and are soon expanding to a 300,000 sq ft.+
factory and R&D center in the Sacramento area where this role
would be located.
- We're currently building manually and adding manufacturing
process as we expand our production capacity.
Blokable Role Description: BIM Technology Lead
We are seeking a Sr. BIM Technology Manager to provide the
leadership and management skills in combination with a hands on
approach required to develop best-in-class 3D building information
modeling and production processes workflows, CAD organization
logic, and CAD software development. The work led by the BIM
Technology Manager will require integration with external
consultant workflows as well as internal ERP systems and
manufacturing processes in order to enable continual improvement,
simplification, and scalability of the Blokable Building System.
You will be a key contributor as Blokable transitions from
construction to manufacturing and builds a national housing
production network and report to the Company's Vice President of
A little bit about the role:Essential Functions and Key
- Work with VP of Product to build and execute BIM strategic
goals and timelines, technical requirements and capabilities
development, and ongoing management.
- Implement Blokable BIM infrastructure, operations workflows,
and technical capabilities including implementation of cloud
infrastructure, CAD hardware and software, Blokable Building System
product families, and CAD software programming required.
- Develop and maintain an effective BIM technology implementation
including technical training, technical advancement, and
company-wide integration of BIM systems
- Ensure effective management and growth of BIM skills and
capabilities across Blokable
- Manage BIM staff to ensure a productive, enthusiastic, and
inviting workplace and promote a culture of learning and
Knowledge, skills, values and abilities required to successfully
perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Proven leadership and experience in building and managing BIM
- Expert knowledge of the disciplines critical to a
high-functioning BIM technology organization
- Expert knowledge of BIM software and hardware systems as well
as software development processes related to advanced BIM systems
- Ability to formulate, communicate, and manage a concise vision
and roadmap for BIM Technology at Blokable
- Ability to develop talent - both as individuals and teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and
maintain effective relationships with staff at various
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation
- Strong collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to
listen and solve complex problems
- Complete buy-in and commitment to the company's values,
business strategy and directions
- Accepts accountability for the need to consistently achieve
This job will be based in the Sacramento area.
When you apply: We want to get a sense of who you are and how you
think. Please use your cover letter to then provide us with some
- Tell us about your experience with BIM and leading BIM teams.
Tell us what you think are the most important advances you see in
BIM technology software and processes that would have an impact on
the way housing is built?
- Which companies or firms do you think set the standard for
innovation and excellence in BIM and design software
What we'd like to see to get to know you better:We are driven by
the belief that housing is the foundation for health, education,
and opportunity, and that by building high-quality, low-cost,
connected housing we can make opportunity more attainable in the
communities we serve.
- Tell us why this mission resonates with you and how the mission
might sustain you through the difficult challenges that will
inevitably come with building a fully integrated BIM team.
Please include your cover letter and CV in PDF format. We will
review all applications and communicate our feedback and intentions
to each candidate.
Keywords: Blokable, Inc., Elk Grove , Sr. BIM Technology Manager, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!