Automation Maintenance Technician
Location: Elk Grove
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Who We Are
Our work matters - robotics is transforming the world of commerce.
Every day our intelligent robots are responsible for getting food
and merchandise to thousands of stores across North America. We're
an industry changer - we created the first and only fully
autonomous, end-to-end supply chain solution. Today, we are driving
towards even bigger ideas - and we have the people, technology and
leadership to fully realize these aspirations. We have
theexcitement and ambition of a startup with the benefits and
resources of a proven organization.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA,
Symbotic, and our customers' processes and procedures are met
- Perform inspections on systems associated with Automated
Storage and Retrieval System of automated robotic vehicles and
Automated Adapters/ Lifts.
- Support continuous operation by adjusting, calibrating,
repairing, replacing or modifying system components.
- Process and monitor the flow of the automated storage and
retrieval system, through means of the adapters, including manual
inbound, automatic inbound, automatic outbound, to achieve maximum
throughput and cases per hour.
- Troubleshoot automated robotic vehicle anomalies and stoppages
using schematic and wiring diagrams as well as advanced test
- PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) knowledge and
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to follow
- Perform periodic system inspections within expected durations
on all equipment and thoroughly document all actions and repairs to
include parts used and labor. Ensure quality maintenance and
complete documentation via the Computerized Maintenance Management
- Effective communication of production impacting problems and
suggested actions, including approximate time required for
corrective and emergency maintenance to required team members.
- Must be able to operate and run Automated systems.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and change course
based on immediate business needs.
- Responsible for cleanup of equipment and removal of replaced
parts from work areas after repairs are completed.
- Responsible for automated robotic vehicle recovery in the
Symbotic Matrix select system to include working in restrictive
- Responsible for minor utility work such as machining holes,
brackets; cutting steel; aligning sensors; attaching Unistrut;
- Responsible for troubleshooting, calibration, set up, and tool
changes on Robotic arms.
- Responsible for continuous cleaning and adhering to 5S
- Perform Cell Operator functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
What You'll Need
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience/ certification in
electronics, automotive, automation, manufacturing or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience with mechanical automation
systems or educational/training equivalent
Skills and Competencies:
- Values safety above all else.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other
characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to
work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance.
Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required
- Be proficient in performing all Inspection functions.
- Strong electro-mechanical skills.
- Ability to work independent of supervisor following procedures
- A high sense of urgency.
- Ability to Multi-task and perform multiple job functions at
- Must be literate, written and verbal, in English Language.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 45 feet and within
restrictive areas of 24 inches.
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather
conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable
of working in temperatures ranging from 105 to 32 Fahrenheit.
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing
up to 60lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling,
seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling,
balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects,
and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Required
Keywords: Symbotic, Elk Grove , Automation Maintenance Technician, Engineering , Elk Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!