Company: TM Process & Controls, Inc.
Location: Elk Grove
Posted on: May 11, 2022
TM Process & Controls, Inc. -is a full-service design-build
company that provides custom process and automation solutions to
the food and beverage manufacturing industry. Our employees'
technical design and hands-on field experience has developed,
executed, and commissioned technical solutions throughout the
United States and the Caribbean. -We are a fast-growing process &
process controls company in search of a talented individual who
would like to further his/her career as a process engineer. - -
Position Summary: -Provide project management, process design,
installation knowledge, and technical analysis and /or resolution
of engineering problems. Provide direction and coordination of
process and automation design for industrial projects in the food
and beverage industry throughout the United States and Puerto
Essential Responsibilities -
- Design and size process and utility piping and equipment
(pumps, valves, heat exchangers, etc.), calculate piping pressure
loss, NPSHA, utility loads.
- Develop project documentation including equipment specification
list, bill of materials, device lists and I/O lists, proposals,
mass balance spreadsheets, and Gantt charts.
- Develop project drawings including flow schematics, Process and
Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), plan view layouts, and
general arrangement drawings.
- Commission controls systems including device configuration and
- Calibrate process devices with documentation.
- Troubleshoots process systems (hardware, electrical, and/or
- Work with subcontractors (mechanical, electrical, civil) on
projects including oversight of installations.
- Ensure that the projects are completed on time and on
- Able to multitask on multiple projects and project
- Other functions as required by the project.
- Able to interact with and manage customer expectations.
- High school diploma or GED plus 2 years of instrumentation
experience OR bachelor's degree in electrical engineering,
mechanical engineering, or chemical engineering.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Engineer-in-Training certificate or Professional Engineer
- PMP Certification.
- 5 years of experience managing projects.
- Experience with Clean-in-Place (CIP) systems.
- Very proficient with Microsoft Excel and Outlook as well as
experience with Microsoft Project.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Experience with sizing / modeling software such as AFT Fathom,
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully preform the essential functions of this job. -
-Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit for long periods of time; stand; walk; use hands to
finger handle, or feel; reach with hand and arms; grasp and
manipulate objects; and talk or hear. - -The employee may be
required on occasion to climb stairs and/or ladders; kneel; stoop;
crouch; and crawl. - -The employee must occasionally lift and/or
moveup to 50 pounds. - -Specific vision abilities required by the
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work EnvironmentThe nature of this job requires both office time
and on-site time at a customer facility. - -Work during office time
takes place in a clean, pleasant and comfortable office setting.
-Work during on-site time employees could encounter cold, hot,
humid, noisy conditions. - -This position will require a minimum of
25% travel time. - -
Keywords: TM Process & Controls, Inc., Elk Grove , Process Engineer, Engineering , Elk Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!