Sr. Staff Accountant
Company: Company name is confidential
Location: Elk Grove
Posted on: March 16, 2020
The Senior Staff Accountant performs all accounting activities,
including month-end close procedures, balance sheet account
reconciliations, supporting the annual budgeting process,
maintaining accounting systems and controls, creating and posting
journal entries to the general ledger, and creating financial and
operational reports. Responsible for all general ledger accounts
and most sub-ledgers, including but not limited to cash, inventory,
fixed assets, prepaid, accrued expenses, debt, sales, cost of
sales, opex, and other assets, liabilities, income, and
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and common accounting practices
for manufacturing entities, including manufactured goods inventory
costing, direct and overhead capitalization, and cost center
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and common accounting practices
related to fixed assets, prepaid, accrued expenses, debt, and
recognition of revenue and related cost of sales, operating
expenses, and depreciation.
- At least two years in a role performing common accounting
functions, including balance sheet reconciliations, financial
statement close processing, posting journal entries, and preparing
reports and analyses for financial and business users.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word,
- General familiarity with ERP systems (ASW / AS400 and Finetech
Q2S preferred, but not required)
- Accuracy, productivity, problem-solving, teamwork, customer
focus, flexibility, and dependability.Functions in this role:
- Perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly reviews of manufacturing
and inventory clearing accounts, identify errors or process issues
and work with facility teams and corporate IT to resolve.
- Create and distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc
financial and operational reports, including working with
management to understand unusual trends or budget-vs-actual
- Perform close process activities, including calculating and
posting adjusting journal entries, researching and documenting
unusual GL account trends or budget-vs-actual deviations, and
preparing close process reporting.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts monthly, including
researching and resolving all reconciling items in a timely
- Actively maintain the sub-ledgers and supporting documentation
for a fixed asset, prepaids, accrued expenses, and debt.
- Prepare and support others in preparing check requests,
including assigning appropriate coding to invoices and credit card
- Participate in project teams related to ERP system, production
process tracking, inventory management, and other issues that may
affect accounting records, as requested.
- Perform periodic physical inventories at warehouses.
- Regularly communicate with management to understand upcoming
changes or trends that may affect accounting and identify areas for
improvement in current accounting or operational processes.
- Performs additional duties as required and requested.
Keywords: Company name is confidential, Elk Grove , Sr. Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Elk Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!